Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Research #10 - 1/18/12

Today I read the article Dr. Revels sent to me on my last post. It seems an alternative to waiving the visa requirement for Brazilians and risking national security, could be visa reform. The United States consulate in Brazil is overrun by Brazilians wanting a visa. We could try building more consulates in Brazil or hiring more staff to interview more Brazilians faster. We could also offer online interviews for Brazilians who can not find the time to travel hundreds of miles to a consulate. Hiring more staff could increase the number of interviews per year by one million. Like I said before, we need to find a balance between economic opportunity and safety. Visa reform may be the best way to achieve both. I will keep researching more alternative and ways to increase the number of Brazilian tourists traveling to the United States. Thank you for the article Dr. Revels!

Link 1 - http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-obama-disney-visit-20120117,0,1018781.story

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome. It will be interesting to see what President Obama says tomorrow.

    Oh course, I also wonder if he's going to take his daughters to Disneyworld!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not think they will let him go without them! I will pay attention to what he says tomorrow and write about it.

      Delete